Monday, 23 July 2012

Trip to Hong Kong - Day 17 and 18

Our train tickets to Hong Kong was 11.00 a.m. and it will take us 18 hours to reach Hong Kong. We been out to do some shopping for cakes, biscuits and some sugar donut fritters to eat in the train.

Checked out of the Hotel at 10.00 a.m. and gave the receptionists all our local bus fare cards which we didn't use for taking buses to and fro. Took a bus to the train station. Our train departed from the station at 11.00 a.m. and reached HangZhou at 12.50 p.m. The 1st train from Ningbo to Hangzhou were soft seats and the last journey back to Hong Kong were hard seats. Oh!!! the last journey back to Hong Kong was  the hardest.

As there were lot of passengers whom paid for standing and they just littered along the walkway between the seats. The noise volume were tremendous and not recommend for anyone even if travel in budget -it was better to get a soft seat which came with a room with 4 decker beds to rest. We were lucky that the standing passengers around our cabin that most of them were youths in their twenties and working in Canton.

Finally, we reached Hong Kong the next morning at 6.30 a.m., took the sub station train and transfer train again. We finally reach my in-law's house at 9.00 a.m. Have a bath and chat with my in-laws and went out to sight-seeing again at 2.00 p.m. Lousy day with heavy rain and each of us arm with an umbrella.

We went to the Hong Kong Wetland Park - Mai Po. We didn't know that this reserve only open to the public on holidays and weekend only. We have to follow the tour which last 3 hours at HK$75.00. On the weekdays, they are closed to the public.

As the tour only last for 3 hours and I would prefer to a longer tour than 3 hours. This place is a Forbidden Island and  we have to apply permit for entry if we want to visit longer than 3 hours.

Along the way leading to this Ma Po Reserve, both sides of the road had been made as fishing pools. Walked all the way to the reserve and on the way back, we saw a fishing pond with lot of herons but unfortunately public is not allow in.  We just walk through the gate and my husband was so good that he hold the umbrella for me so I able to took some photos of the white herons in their habitat. We stay for two hours and enjoying the beautiful view. This journey was not totally wasted even the Ma Po Reserve was closed as I had got some beautiful photos of the native birds.

Then we walk back to the tram station and  took a tram to Mongkok to take our dinner then  walk all the way to harbour  to take some night view photos. The weather was horrible, raining non-stop in the end we gave up and went back home. We reached home at 11.30 p.m. and it was early night for us but we were totally knackered.

Place: Ma Po Hong Kong and Hong Kong harbour
Photos:  by Robert Suen and Catherine Tan
Dated:  17/5/2012 and 18/5/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment